M.P. Civil Judge entrance Exam Solved Paper
1. The Indians celebrated the Inde-pendence Day for the first time on—
(A) January 1, 1930
(B) January 26, 1930
(C) August 15, 1947
(D) January 26, 1950
2. The biggest palace in the world is situated in—
(D) Vatican City
3. The famous song ‘Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram’ was sung by which renowned musician dur-ing Dandi March ?
(A) Mallikarjun Mansur
(B) Krishna Rao Shankar Pandit
(C) Onkar Nath Thakur
(D) Digambar Vishnu Paluskar
4. By which constitutional amend-ment anti-defection provision and tenth schedule was added to the Constitution ?
(A) 42nd (B) 52nd
(C) 61st (D) 65th
5. Normally how many pairs of chromosomes are there in the human body ?
(A) 46 (B) 43
(C) 23 (D) 24
6. Name the largest Lizard in the world—
(A) Gila Monster
(C) Komodo Dragon
7. Which of these metals is the best conductor of electricity ?
(A) Lead (B) Silver
(C) Copper (D) Aluminium
8. In which State Thorium is found ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
9. A clock seen through the mirror shows 3 : 15 O’clock. What is the correct time ?
(A) 8 : 00 (B) 8 : 45
(C) 12 : 20 (D) 12 : 40
10. A certain sum of money was given on loan on simple interest. It trebles in 25 years. What is the rate of interest ?
(A) 10% (B) 8%
(C) 12% (D) 15%
11. What is Gulf Stream ?
(A) A cold current in Atlantic Ocean
(B) A cold current in Pacific Ocean
(C) A warm current in Atlantic Ocean
(D) A warm current in Pacific Ocean
12. The Khajuraho temples were constructed by which dynasty ?
(A) Parmar (B) Chalukya
(C) Chandel (D) Chola
13. A lucky boy has been getting Heads every time in three tosses of the coin. What is the probability that he will get ‘Head’ against in the 4th tossing of the coin ?
14. The seat of M.P. Board of Revenue is located at—
(A) Bhopal (B) Jabalpur
(C) Gwalior (D) Indore
15. Synagogue is the place of worship of—
16. Who was the last emperor of the Moghul Dynasty ?
(A) Bahadur Shah Jafar
17. On the bank of which river Hyderabad city is located ?
(A) Kaveri (B) Mahanadi
(C) Narmada (D) Musi
18. Who constructed Suez canal ?
(A) Robert Pierre
(B) John Cabot
(C) Ferdinand de Lesseps
19. The country which had the first official family planning pro-gramme was—
(A) U.S.A. (B) India
(C) Sweden (D) China
20. Anti-tobacco day is observed on—
(A) May 15 (B) May 31
(C) June 5 (D) July 11
21. Which planet has maximum satellites ?
(A) Saturn (B) Jupiter
(C) Venus (D) Mars
22. When a ship enters the sea from a river, then which of the following statements is true ?
(A) It will rise a little
(B) It will sink a little
(C) It will remain at the same level
(D) It may rise or sink a little depending on the material it is made of
23. Which of these was not a film theme ?
(A) Tamas (B) Water
(C) Fire (D) Lajja
24. The first woman to conquer Mount Everest twice belonged to—
(A) U.S.A. (B) India
(C) France (D) U.K.
25. Who was the first Man to set foot on the Moon ?
(A) Yuri Gagarin
(C) Roben Pears
(D) Neil Armstrong
26. SAARC is an association of how many South-Asian countries ?
(A) 5 (B) 7
(C) 9 (D) 8
27. Bahai Lotus temple is located at—
(A) Jammu (B) Mandu
(C) Udaipur (D) Delhi
28. A night on Venus consists of how many days on earth ?
(A) 50 days on earth
(B) 180 days on earth
(C) 135 days on earth
(D) 118 days on earth
29. In computer what is the function of MODEM ?
(A) Device that bypasses mes-sages
(B) Device that transmits mes-sage to data centre
(C) Device that eliminates mes-sages
(D) None of the above
30. Who was the last Nawab of Awadh ?
(C) Mohammad Ali Shah
(D) Wajid Ali Shah
31. Which ruler of Magadha was contemporary of Buddha ?
(A) Chandra Gupta Maurya
(B) Ajat Shatru
32. Which state is the largest producer of Red Chillies ?
(A) Punjab (B) Andhra
(C) Rajasthan (D) Karnataka
33. Who are Moplas ?
(A) Tribals of Madhya Pradesh
(B) Tribals of Asom
(C) Muslims of Kerala
(D) Tribals of W. Bengal
34. Among the following which planet takes maximum time for one revolution around the Sun ?
(A) Earth (B) Jupiter
(C) Mars (D) Venus
35. United Nations was formed in—
(A) 1945 (B) 1942
(C) 1946 (D) 1940
36. Where was ‘Param 10,000’ deve-loped ?
(A) Bangalore (B) Mumbai
(C) Hyderabad (D) Pune
37. Who was the first Caliph ?
(A) Imam Hussain
(B) Abu Bakr
38. Who wrote the book ‘Wings of Fire’ ?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(B) Kuldeep Nayyar
(C) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(D) J. B. Kriplani
39. Which is the National Anthem of India ?
(A) Vande Mataram
(B) Jana Gana Mana
(C) Sare Jahan Se Achchha Hindostan Hamara
(D) Jhanda Uncha Rahe Hamara
40. ‘Mana’ wildlife sanctuary is located in—
(B) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
41. What is Albumin ?
42. Viruses lack in—
(C) nucleic acids
43. In whichstate is the Kudremukh iron ore scheme situated ?
44. The iron ore mined in Belaidila is exported to which country ?
(A) Japan (B) Russia
(C) England (D) Iran
45. Which river flows into the Arabian sea ?
(A) Godavari (B) Narmada
(C) Tapti (D) Chambal
46. Which of these words is not in the preamble of the Constitution of India ?
(B) Public Welfare
47. Light from the Sun takes so much time to reach the Earth—
(A) 8 seconds
(B) 12 minutes
(C) 8 minutes (Approximately)
(D) 4 minutes
48. pH of pure water is—
(A) 14 (B) 2
(C) 7 (D) 9
49. When was the Indian Communi-cation Satellite INSAT-C3 was launched from Kourou in French Guiana ?
(A) February 28, 2000
(B) May 26, 1999
(C) March 22, 2000
(D) January 24, 2002
50. Keil canal links the following—
(A) North sea and Baltic sea
(B) Pacific Ocean and Atlantic Ocean
(C) Mediterranean sea and Red sea
(D) Mediterranean sea and Black sea
51. Haemophilia is a genetic disease which is caused by—
(A) Fall in Haemoglobin level
(B) Rheumatic heart
(C) Absence of clotting of blood
(D) Fall in number of white blood cells
52. How much percentage of protein is present in Soyabean ?
(A) 30% (B) 40%
(C) 50% (D) 60%
53. Which world renowned Moun-tain Peak is called ‘Sagar Matha’?
(B) Nanda Devi
54. ‘Hingul’ in India is found in—
(A) Dachigam Sanctuary
(B) Chhota Nagpur
55. Who gave the name ‘Indian National Congress’ ?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji
(B) A.O. Hume
(C) W.O. Bannerji
56. In which country the ‘Three Gorges Dam’ is located ?
(B) South Africa
57. How manystates have com- mon boundaries with Madhya Pradesh ?
(A) Seven (B) Four
(C) Six (D) Five
58. In an examination 30% of students fail in Maths, 25% fail in English and 15% fail in both subjects. What is the pass percen-tage ?
(A) 45% (B) 55%
(C) 40% (D) 60%
59. Boundary between India and Pakistan was demarcated by—
(A) Lord Mountbatten
(B) Sir C. Radcliffe
(C) Sir Stafford Cripps
60. Where among the following, the day and night are equal ?
(A) Tropic of Cancer
(B) Tropic of Capricorn
(D) Arctic Circle
61. The largest producer of long stapple cotton is—
(A) U.S.A. (B) U.A.E.
(C) Sudan (D) China
62. Who is the President of Inter-national Olympic Committee ?
(A) Lord Kilanin
(B) Sigfrid Edstrom
(C) J. A. Samaranch
(D) Jacques Rogge
63. Ayodhya is situated on the bank of which river ?
(A) Yamuna (B) Ganga
(C) Saryu (D) Gandaka
64. Which is the world’s biggest island ?
(C) New Zealand
(D) Sri Lanka
65. Which is the longest dam in India ?
(A) Bhakra Dam
(B) Hirakund Dam
(C) Sardar Sarovar Dam
(D) Indira Sagar Dam
66. Which gas is used in preparation of Soda Water ?
(A) Carbon Monoxide
(C) Carbon Dioxide
67. Mammals which can fly, is—
(A) Whale (B) Bat
(C) Emu (D) Kangaroo
68. Five Year Plans are finally appro-ved by the—
(A) Planning Commission
(B) National Development Council
(D) Prime Minister
69. How much %age of nitrogen is present in the Atmosphere ?
(A) 10% (B) 33%
(C) 50% (D) 78%
70. Which of the following is not a freshwater fish ?
(A) Cod (B) Eel
(C) Salmon (D) Trout
71. Who among the following has been Vice-President of India ?
(A) Justice H. J. Kania
(B) Justice Y. V. Chandrachud
(C) Justice M. Hidayatulla
(D) Justice M. N. Venkateche-liah
72. Central Rice Research Institute is located at—
73. Whichstate in India first started Employment Guarantee Pro-gramme ?
(A) West Bengal
74. Steel ball floats on mercury because—
(A) nothing can sink in mercury
(B) density of mercury is higher than steel
(C) density of steel is higher than mercury
(D) ball cannot float
75. Who constructed Jagannath tem-ple at Puri ?
(A) Narsimh Vurman
(B) Parmeshwar Vurman
(C) Antvurman Chodgang
(D) Aditya Vurman Chodgang
76. Enzymes are made of mostly the following—
(C) carbonic acid
77. On which river is the Shivasamu-dram water-fall situated ?
(A) Tungabhadra River
(B) Narmada River
(C) Kaveri River
(D) Chambal River
78. What is an atomic reactor ?
(A) A reservoir of heavy water
(B) Atomic Bhatti in which nuclear fission produces heat
(C) A chemical reservoir
(D) An atom bomb
79. Who is associated with the dis-covery of crystal dynamics ?
(A) J. C. Bose
(B) C. V. Raman
(C) C. Ramanujam
(D) H. J. Bhabha
80. Of the following dances which one is performed by single person ?
(B) Bharat Natyam
81. The intensity of earthquake is measured with a—
82. Which of the Pandavas is not the son of Kunti ?
83. Which of thesestates has the least population ?
(A) Sikkim (B) Nagaland
(C) Goa (D) Tripura
84. Where the test-tube baby egg is fertilised ?
(A) Outside the body of mother
(B) In the test-tube
(C) In the testis of male
(D) None of the above
85. Which schedule of Indian Con-stitution contains provision for administration and control of scheduled areas and scheduled tribes ?
(A) 10th schedule
(B) 8th schedule
(C) 2nd schedule
(D) 5th schedule
86. Out of the given pairs of states and tribes, which pair is not correct ?
(B) Arunachal Pradesh—Aptani
(C) Madhya Pradesh—Lebada
87. A train is running at a speed of 120 km/hour, stopping for 4 minutes after every 80 kms. How long will it take to cover 960 kms ?
(A) 8 hours 43 minutes
(B) 8 hours 44 minutes
(C) 8 hours 40 minutes
(D) 8 hours 56 minutes
88. India is chief exporter of—
(A) Coffee (B) Mica
(C) Silk (D) Jute
89. Who is the first Indian woman to became a Grandmaster in chess ?
(A) S. Meenakshi
(B) S. Vijay Laxmi
(C) Koneru Humpy
(D) Tania Sachdeva
90. Who invented Polio-vaccine ?
(A) Neil Bohr
(B) Jonas Salk
(C) Homi Bhabha
(D) Lord Chelmsford
91. How many Judges are there in International Court of Justice ?
(A) 11 (B) 10
(C) 15 (D) 9
92. Which country’s currency is ‘Kyat’ ?
(A) Thailand (B) Malaysia
(C) Myanmar (D) Israel
93. How many times Brazil has won the ‘FIFA Cup’ ?
(A) 5 (B) 4
(C) 6 (D) 3
94. Where is Dakshin Gangotri loca-ted ?
(A) Garhwal (B) Antarctica
(C) Haridwar (D) Allahabad
95. India’s biggest Botanical garden is located at :
(A) Chennai (B) Bangalore
(C) Jammu (D) Kolkata
96. Who discovered North Pole ?
(A) Capt. Cook
(B) Robert Pierre
(D) John Cabot
97. Who is the author of Gita Govinda ?
(B) Shri Harsha
98. What type of weapon Nag is ?
(A) Surface to air missile
(B) Anti-tank guided missile
(C) Air to air missile
(D) Air to surface missile
99. What is the name of Parliament of Israel ?
(B) Peoples Assembly
100. ‘Decibel’ is used to measure—
(A) Haemoglobin in blood
(B) Sugar in urine
(C) Sound in atmosphere
(D) Particles in air
Answers with Hints
1. (B) 2. (A)
3. (D) The famous song Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram was sung by Digambar Vishnu Paluskar. This song was Mahatama Gandhi’s favourite Bhajan and was sung daily by the Satyagrahis during famous Dandi March.
4. (B) Fifty-second Amendment Act amends the constitution to provide that a Member of Parlia-ment or a State Legislature who defects or is expelled from the party which set him up as a candidate in the election or if an independent member of the House joins a political party before expiry of six months from the date on which he takes seat in the House shall be disqualified to remain a member of the House. The Act also makes suit-able provisions with respect to spilts in and merger of political parties.
5. (C) 6. (C) 7. (B) 8. (C) 9. (B)
10. (B) 11. (C) 12. (C) 13. (A) 14. (C)
15. (A) 16. (A) 17. (D)
18. (C) Construction work of Suez canal began in 1859 under Ferdinand de Lesseps and became operational in 1869 for ships.
19. (B) 20. (B)
21. (B) At present known number of satellites of Jupiter is 112 which is the highest number is solar system.
22. (A) 23. (A) 24. (B) 25. (D) 26. (D)
27. (D) 28. (D) 29. (D) 30. (D) 31. (C)
32. (B) 33. (C)
34. (B) Jupiter takes 11·86 years to complete one revolution around the sun.
35. (A) 36. (D) 37. (B) 38. (C) 39. (B)
40. (C) 41. (C) 42. (B) 43. (B) 44. (A)
45. (B) 46. (B) 47. (C) 48. (C) 49. (D)
50. (A) 51. (C) 52. (D) 53. (A) 54. (A)
55. (b) 56. (D) 57. (D) 58. (D) 59. (B)
60. (C) 61. (A) 62. (D) 63. (C) 64. (B)
65. (B) 66. (C) 67. (B) 68. (B) 69. (D)
70. (A) 71. (C) 72. (B) 73. (D) 74. (B)
75. (C) 76. (B) 77. (C) 78. (B)
79. (B) Sir C. V. Raman discovered crystal dynamics during last part of his life.
80. (B) 81. (C) 82. (D) 83. (A) 84. (B)
85. (D) 86. (C) 87. (B) 88. (B) 89. (B)
90. (B) 91. (C) 92. (C) 93. (A) 94. (B)
95. (D) 96. (B) 97. (C) 98. (B) 99. (D)